Here are my top five writing prompts this week:
- What are five things that will have been invented by 2058?
- A family portrait is hung up on a wall. Something is slightly off about the posing as if something, or someone, is missing.
- Every morning, the state-approved messages blared out from the speakers on the street.
- There is a prison where there are no guards, yet the prisoners are too afraid to try and escape.
- A virus sweeping the world causes those infected to lose on average one IQ point each day – expect for a small group on which it has the opposite effect.