Here are some writing prompts which can be used in the classroom for students to explore their own mindset:
- Write about a mistake you have made. What lessons did you learn from that mistake?
- What is one of your long term goals? What are you going to do to achieve it?
- Write about a time when you achieved something you are proud of. How did that achievement make you feel?
- Why is it important to have a growth mindset? Do you think you have one?
- What will you do to challenge yourself today? This week? This year?
Of course, these can be used to assess technical accuracy and so on but in my experience students can really engage with this kind of more personal writing.