Continuing with this week’s theme of poetry, today’s post is just a short one which consists of six writing prompts which should hopefully inspire the inner poet in your students!
- Write a poem from a villain’s perspective.
- Grab the closest book. Turn to page 20. Write down 10 words from the page which catch your eye. Use 6 of them in a poem.
- Write a poem that contains the word “love” in it, but it must be hidden (for example, contained within the word “glove” or words “Hello venom”).
- Turn on the radio. Write down the first lyric you hear. Use that lyric within your poem.
- Write a poem which changes from love to hate, or vise versa.
- Write a 10 metaphor poem.
Creative writing prompts for poetry